Monday, October 17, 2011

Moving in New Place and the Grief that comes with it

      I'm going to blog without touching on the grief of my friends loss, for the moment. 



      The last 2 weeks have been a bit crazy with moving and working and trying to be a good mom at the same time.  The jackass that I was leaving didn't seem to be bothered by my moving out which surprisingly surprised me at least a little bit.  But okay, when I told him I was moving out he did ask me at least 4 times if I would look after his dog while he was gone....oh, he did tell me on the night I told him that I was moving out that he was leaving the following day for another several week stint in Chicago.  Dumb that I was so surprised that he was more concerned for his dog's care than that I was moving out.  Ugh.
     So, my best friend of a million years helped with my move and it went really well.  I knew I had a month to get all my stuff out so we got the most of it out that first day.  Then I just worked my butt off for the next few weeks to make bank to pay the impending bills and rent.  My kids were thrilled to be back to their home town and within walking distance to school again.  I felt so relieved that we had come 'home' again, our 'hood, our friends, our grocery store.
      Today, my best friend again helped me to go back to the old house and get more stuff.  I'd been making regular trips each other day but was delayed by a flea infestation at the house which took about 10 days and 18 flea bombs to remedy.  We got back on task but unfortunately, jackass had landed back in town and is now giving me grief that I took his tote bins, some of his towels, some of his fuckin pots n pans.   Now, yes, I might have grabbed a few items that weren't mine but not on purpose.  We lived together....things mesh, dang.  I will always give back what I might have taken by accident.
      The bummer is tonight he was all threatening me......was I supposed to forget that he asked me out for lunch later this week? Or perhaps dinner with my kids?   Crap.

A cute pic of my jackass


      So, I spent the last hour piling up tote bins and pots n pans and towels that I know are mine but it's just easier to just give him stuff, which he seems to want. 
      But.  No more Ms. Nice.

Story to come.  Don't mess with me cause I'm usually really nice until you cross my line.  If you read his texts you might come aboard my ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment