Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Know how he likes his bed made

Nevermind that I drove 5 hours today to take my dear friend to have radiation implants placed in his prostate.  Nevermind that we've already been through biopsies and research and decisions and avoided discussions that turned into how pretty the desert mountains look at sunset.



For over a decade, I have watched this perpetual bachelor rise to the occassional occassion of cleaning his home for my arrival to arriving to seeing his reality of grime and disgusting lifestyle.  I have spent many nights cleaning after him and other days and more days of my visits without touching a damn thing and just letting him live in his swill.

One thing I do know about him is how he likes his bed made.  Doesn't matter whether there are sheets on it cause sometimes he just sleeps on the mattress with a towel or a pillow or sometimes just about nothing.  And so you may question, how does that make a bed made?  Oh hell ya.  There is a definite way he wants things and completely different from what many people might think of a bed being made. 

I did make his bed tonight for him, put sheets on it and all.  He does appreciate the creature comforts but as the perpetual bachelor, is a lazy ass.  So, as he was out picking up a friend from work I treated him by my making his bed for him, sheets, blankets and all.  Of course, I made his bed the way he likes it and the way I know he likes it......  I know where to put the Ruger 9mm.  It's always there.  Always in the same place.  He knows where it is.  And so do I. 

He just got back and he's thrilled that I treated him to the bed being made, and he knows I made it just the way he likes it.

Sleep well.

1 comment:

  1. I loved writing this blog and I love sitting here watching ion TV and watching my perpetual bachelor sleeping 5 feet away from me. Good man.

    ReplyDelete