Friday, August 19, 2011

The Coldest Person I've ever known

These are cute and cold frozen things, awwww.

Through the experiences that I'd fallen into with my work and colorful life choices, I pretty much didn't think I'd get "shocked" by a person.

I was wrong.

Officially, the coldest person I have ever known is the person that I am in the process of untangling from, moving out from, running away from, ending a sentence with a preposition from.

I have experience with malfunctioning families.  I have worked with selfish maniacs.  I have had tenants that know poverty as life and know how to lie better than tell truth.

But I have been officially floored beyond what I thought was reasonable for a large family, church raised, blue collar dude.

I guess my story deserves a background, which I will provide in future blogs, but at the moment I'm just gonna purge.  And by that I mean sell everything I have within the timeframe I have, to relocate and start my life again.  Purge, sell, purge, sell.  I need to rack up enough dough to get a new office and new apartment - 5 days down, maybe 3 weeks to go.  Starting to think I may pull it off.

This person that I live with decided to up and leave for "maybe a month".  When asked, 'when are you coming home?', replied, 'I don't know'.  Period.  He asked to use my suitcase and for a ride to the airport.

Okay.

Well, on his behalf, I need to input that last week while I was 3 hours away with a friend at the hospital I did get a text that he had booked a flight.  The 4 days after that I was at home, nary a word was said about this booked trip until the morning of the flight when he asked for my rolling suitcase.

Hell, take it.  Good riddence.  Utility bills aren't paid, rent is due in 10 days.  Guess I'll start selling stuff that I don't want to move.  Thank god for Craigslist.  Seems I have some fancy silver flatware that may fetch a good enough price to cover a deposit on a new place.

But what the hell do I do with his dog?  His effin dog that stinks and pisses on the carpet, nice.

I will breathe and call on the universe to bring a smidgen of good back to me that I have put out there.

Asshole.  I know this will make a good blog one day when I can get some perspective.  The stories are fascinating, truly.  And endless cornucopia of coldness, lack of talking, acknowledging, respecting....undocumented cold, rude, emotional cruelty.  Bah. 

Why did I stay 2 years, you ask?  (Yes, 2 years).  Because I was depressed and pathetic.  Now, I have a choice to die or find my own self again.  In my case, that takes getting really, really mad which I have achieved.

So, the coldest person I have ever known chewed me out because I was wasting (vehicle) gas volunteering for hospice 4 hours a week when I could be using that gas money to look for a better paying job than the other one I had. 

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Sad + Cold = Alone

What's the coldest thing that someone has done to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment